The Queen’s Museum of Near Eastern Archaeology

On October 26th, 1954, a Museum of Near Eastern Archaeology opened in the Old Arts Building (modern Theological Hall), the home of Queen’s Theological College. This project reveals how the Museum came into being, a gallery of select items once included in the museum, and the context surrounding the sudden and tragic loss of such a culturally and educationally significant collection.

Enter the Exhibit

Left to Right: Rt. Rev. Dr. George Dorey, Queen’s University Principal W.A. Mackintosh, Rev. S. Smalley Lansdowne, Queen’s Vice-Principal Dr. J.A. Corry, and Dr. A.D. Tushingham